On silbury hill is the second volume in its new series of monographs the first was herbaceous a series of botanical prose poems by paul evans and in the hand it feels just right not too big not too small. Silbury hill one of the most mysterious and striking monument in britain was a prehistoric cathedral built layer by layer over 100 years a new study suggests. The largest artificial mound in europe mysterious silbury hill compares in height and volume to the roughly contemporary egyptian pyramids probably completed in around 2400 bc it apparently contains no burial. Silbury hill in wiltshire together with stonehenge avebury and the remains of numerous barrows forms part of a neolithic landscape about which very little is known or understood adam thorpes chalkland memoir is told in fragments and snapshots
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.